CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT/LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- 21st Century Strategies for Teaching Students with Behavior Challenges, Grades K-12
- Building Student Grit: Grades K-12 – No. 141
- Classroom Management That Cultivates Respect and Rapport: Grades K-12 – No. 300
- Classroom Management That Motivates and Inspires, Grades 6-12 – No. 108
- Classroom Management That Motivates and Inspires: Grades K-12 – No. 158
- Intermediate Grade Students in Collaborative Learning Environments – No. 110
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – No. 115
- No Bullying Allowed: Creating a Classroom of Tolerance: Grades K-12 – No. 137
- No Bullying Allowed: Creating a Classroom of Tolerance: Grades K-12 – No. SP-137
- Organizing and Maintaining Successful Classroom Environments, Grades K-6 – No. SP-202
- Research-Based Practices for Effective Classroom Behavior Management, Grades 6-12 – No. 233
- Research-Based Practices for Effective Classroom Behavior Management, Grades K-5 – No. 232
- Service Based Teaching: Preparing Students to Learn and Serve – Grades 6-12 – No. 136
Building Student Grit: Grades K-12 – No. 141
The building of student grit is counterpart to the rigor and academic success that results of it – particularly when preparing students for college and career readiness. This e-course will focus on approaches that build perseverance, character and grit through trial and error learning, reflection on failure, building of mental stamina and strategies for self-control. The catalysts to character development that build student capacity, and ultimately the grit needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond, will take front and center.
- Understand the theory and research behind strength and stamina building as it works into academic rigor and grit.
- Learn and practice with new strategies for facilitating student stamina and academic rigor as it builds student capacity to become independent readers, writers and thinkers.