- Assessment for Special Education Students for Grades 6-12 – No. 210
- Best Classroom Management Practices for Inclusive Classrooms for Grades 6-8
- Best Classroom Management Practices for Inclusive Classrooms, Grades 9-12 – No. 213
- Best Classroom Management Practices for Inclusive Classrooms, Grades K-5 – No. 211
- Best Practices for Differentiating in Inclusive Classrooms, 6-8 – No. 254b
- Best Practices for Differentiating in Inclusive Classrooms, K-12 – No. 254a
- Diagnosing Learning Difficulties, Grades K-12 – No. 216
- Differentiation as a Behavior Management for Special Needs Students Grades 6-8
- Differentiation as a Behavior Management for Special Needs Students, Grades K-5
- Differentiation as a Behavior Management Strategy for Special Needs Students Grades 9-12
- Evidence-based Methods for Teaching Exceptional Learners in All Content Areas, K-12
- Functional Behavior Assessment for Students with Disabilities, Grades K-12 – No. 218
- Implementing RtI: Tiered Intervention Strategies Grades K-12 – No. 221b
- Implementing the Florida MTSS – Multi-Tiered System of Support for Grades K-12 No. 221a
- Instructional Environments for Special Education Students Grades K-12, No. 219
- Intervention Strategies for Tiers II and III Students – Grades K-12 – No. 220
- Organizing and Maintaining Successful Classroom Environments, Grades 6-12 – No. 207
- Positive Behavior Supports, Grades 6-8 – No. 230
- Positive Behavior Supports, Grades K-5 – No. 229
- Positive Intervention Strategies, Grade K-12 – No. 228
- Remediating Learning Difficulties Grades K-12, No. 235
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Response to Intervention for Incidence Disabilities, Grades 3-12 – No. 225
- School Procedures and ESEA Rules for Identification of Students with Disabilities: Assessment of Eligibility, Grades K-12 – No. 236
- Teaching to Autism for Grades K-5 – Course No. 239a
- The State of Florida Special Education Law Grades K-12, No. 237
- Tools and Practices for Effective Progress Monitoring, Grades K-12 – No. 231
- Transitional Plan Development for Students with Disabilities, Grades K-12 – No. 238
Assessment for Special Education Students for Grades 6-12 – No. 210
Scientifically-proven and research-based practical and authentic assessments will be examined for application to the needs of exceptional and special education students. The use of research-based assessment practices will be used to inform instructional planning and differentiated classroom practices. Formal and informal assessments will include intelligence testing, examining IEP goals, SLOs, formative assessments to include observational and anecdotal data, performance tasks, learning style inventories, behavioral assessment, criterion-referenced assessments, and standardized assessments. Data will be used to differentiate with while aligning best practices with students’ individual learning needs.
- Evaluate and make decisions about the needs of their students to align best instructional strategy to those needs.
- Through job-embedded participation, practice with several research-based assessments in order to determine student needs, learning readiness, and needed instructional support.
- Use research-based strategy to plan for instruction and instructional intervention, or modify existing instructional plans, for the special needs and exceptional learners in their classrooms.