- Assessment for Special Education Students for Grades 6-12 – No. 210
- Best Classroom Management Practices for Inclusive Classrooms for Grades 6-8
- Best Classroom Management Practices for Inclusive Classrooms, Grades 9-12 – No. 213
- Best Classroom Management Practices for Inclusive Classrooms, Grades K-5 – No. 211
- Best Practices for Differentiating in Inclusive Classrooms, 6-8 – No. 254b
- Best Practices for Differentiating in Inclusive Classrooms, K-12 – No. 254a
- Diagnosing Learning Difficulties, Grades K-12 – No. 216
- Differentiation as a Behavior Management for Special Needs Students Grades 6-8
- Differentiation as a Behavior Management for Special Needs Students, Grades K-5
- Differentiation as a Behavior Management Strategy for Special Needs Students Grades 9-12
- Evidence-based Methods for Teaching Exceptional Learners in All Content Areas, K-12
- Functional Behavior Assessment for Students with Disabilities, Grades K-12 – No. 218
- Implementing RtI: Tiered Intervention Strategies Grades K-12 – No. 221b
- Implementing the Florida MTSS – Multi-Tiered System of Support for Grades K-12 No. 221a
- Instructional Environments for Special Education Students Grades K-12, No. 219
- Intervention Strategies for Tiers II and III Students – Grades K-12 – No. 220
- Organizing and Maintaining Successful Classroom Environments, Grades 6-12 – No. 207
- Positive Behavior Supports, Grades 6-8 – No. 230
- Positive Behavior Supports, Grades K-5 – No. 229
- Positive Intervention Strategies, Grade K-12 – No. 228
- Remediating Learning Difficulties Grades K-12, No. 235
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Response to Intervention for Incidence Disabilities, Grades 3-12 – No. 225
- School Procedures and ESEA Rules for Identification of Students with Disabilities: Assessment of Eligibility, Grades K-12 – No. 236
- Teaching to Autism for Grades K-5 – Course No. 239a
- The State of Florida Special Education Law Grades K-12, No. 237
- Tools and Practices for Effective Progress Monitoring, Grades K-12 – No. 231
- Transitional Plan Development for Students with Disabilities, Grades K-12 – No. 238
Teaching to Autism for Grades K-5 – Course No. 239a
Interventions for increasing the academic engagement and progress of students with autism spectrum disorder in inclusive classrooms will be the focus of this course. Use of empirically supported, field-tested strategies for inclusive classrooms will detail strategies for successful implementation. Participants will become familiarity, and develop facility with, strategy pertinent to their own classroom realities. From songs in transition times to listening activities and visual engagement, participants will end this course with the creation of comprehensive lesson plans that incorporate course strategies as they align with standards, curriculum, and instruction for students with autism.
- Understand and prepare for the diverse needs of students with autism by aligning research and standards-based instructional strategy to them.
- Practice with implementation tools and strategies focused on the needs of students with the autism spectrum disorder.
- Leverage information, tools, and resources with student readiness and differentiated approaches to learning.