ESOL ENDORSEMENT COURSES
- Administrative Accountability for ESOL Programs Communication – No. ELL-ED-297
- Applied Linguistics, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-138
- Assessment of English Language Learners and Progress Monitoring, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-203
- Cross-Cultural Communications and Understanding, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-260
- ELL/ESOL for Administration, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-298
- ELL/ESOL for Guidance Counselors – No. ELL-ED-214
- ESOL Curriculum and Instruction, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-131
- ESOL Essentials for Content Area Teachers, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-147-2
- ESOL for Administrators: Understanding of Culture and Effective Communication No. ELL-ED-296
- ESOL Instructional Leadership No. ELL-ED-299
- ESOL Methods of Teaching for Category III Teachers: Strategies for Professionals, K-12 – No. ELL-ED-213
- ESOL Testing and Evaluation Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-172
- Methods of Instruction for ELLs, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-112
Assessment of English Language Learners and Progress Monitoring, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-203
Using assessment criteria to drive instruction requires the use of reliable data. Teachers that are actively and systematically use this data can understand the academic performance of their special needs students, ELLs and other struggling learners, thus leverage for effective progress monitoring. Participants will be introduced to multiple assessments that include feedback models and other formative methods that feed instructional decisions. Participants will learn to find and use this data effectively to meet the unique needs of their English language learners.
- Evaluate and monitor student work against rigorous assessment criteria.
- Plan and practice with assessment criteria as aligned to performance standards.
- Use data to reflect on further refine practices to improve teaching focused primarily on ELLs.
- Apply effective communication strategy to articulate learning and instructional goals to ELL. students, while demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness to their needs.