ESOL ENDORSEMENT COURSES
- Administrative Accountability for ESOL Programs Communication – No. ELL-ED-297
- Applied Linguistics, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-138
- Assessment of English Language Learners and Progress Monitoring, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-203
- Cross-Cultural Communications and Understanding, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-260
- ELL/ESOL for Administration, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-298
- ELL/ESOL for Guidance Counselors – No. ELL-ED-214
- ESOL Curriculum and Instruction, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-131
- ESOL Essentials for Content Area Teachers, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-147-2
- ESOL for Administrators: Understanding of Culture and Effective Communication No. ELL-ED-296
- ESOL Instructional Leadership No. ELL-ED-299
- ESOL Methods of Teaching for Category III Teachers: Strategies for Professionals, K-12 – No. ELL-ED-213
- ESOL Testing and Evaluation Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-172
- Methods of Instruction for ELLs, Grades K-12 – No. ELL-ED-112
ESOL for Administrators: Understanding of Culture and Effective Communication No. ELL-ED-296
This course aligns with Florida ESOL Competencies for: ESOL for Administrators/Category IV
By developing sensitivity to diverse cultural and multicultural populations of students, participants will enhance their ability to support ELL student progress in the classrooms, and ESOL district-wide programs through an understanding of culture and effective means for communication. All district stakeholders invested in ESOL progress will benefit from this course as it reaches across cross-cultural issues, accommodation needs, and how to enrich the larger ELL student population.
- Become sensitized to multicultural and diverse student populations in order to support the wider ELL community.
- Develop awareness of issues facing ELL students and the wider ELL community.
- Develop the skills for effective communication among all stakeholders in the ESOL program community at schools, homes, and in the wider community.
- Develop knowledge of effective community outreach approaches.
- Understand how to screen for language deficits and indicators of learning disabilities, particularly among special education students, language impaired and understand the distinction among them.
- Understand how to screen for effective programs that support the needs of ELL students.
- Understand how to identify and support effective professional development programs and methods for teachers in support of the ELL students that they teach through research and evidence-based curriculum.
- Apply research-based principles and pedagogy in support of ESOL programs.
- Identify digital and technical resources and materials in support of ESOL programs, and in support of teacher professional development as it flows into cultural understanding and facilitation of language skills among ELL students.