STANDARDS-BASED LITERACY AND MATH
- Aligning Curriculum to the Common Core, Grades K-12 – Course No. 169
- CCSS Mathematical Socratic Seminars Grades K-5 – No. 193
- Classroom Literacy Strategies for Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening: Grades K-5 – No. 149
- Classroom Strategies for Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening: Grades 6-12 – No. 157
- Classroom Strategies for Speaking and Listening: Grades 6-12 – No. 183
- Common Core Implementation: From Theory to Practice: Grades K-5 – No. 143
- Common Core Questioning Strategies, Grades K-12 – No. 181
- Common Core Reading Standards and Strategies That Support Them Grades K-12 – No. 147
- Common Core Reading Standards and Strategies That Support Them: Grades K-12 – No. 113
- Common Core Writing Standards and Strategies That Support Them: Grades 6-12 – No. 146
- Common Core Writing Strategies for History and Social Studies, Grades 6-12 – No. 150
- Instructional Strategies: Citing Evidence for Grades 6-8 – No. 168
- Instructional Strategies: Citing Evidence, Grades 9-12 – No. 170
- Instructional Strategies: Teaching Students How to Use and Cite Evidence 3-12 – No. 190
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – No. 151B
- Math and Literacy: Beyond Right Answers, Grades K-12 – No. 195
- Modification Strategies for a Common Core-Aligned Curriculum in the Reading and Writing Strands, K-12 – No. 243a
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades 3-8 – No. 188
- Tiering Tasks Not Text, Grades 3-8 – No. 260
Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – No. 151B
Transferring literacy skills to subjects outside of English Language Arts is easily achieved when instruction is strategy-driven, explicit and consistently applied across subject areas. In this e-course, participants will focus on informational text and non-fiction essay writing across multiple subject areas. By analyzing non-fiction reading and writing in science and technical subjects, participants will understand and be able to resource supportive strategy for the consistent threading across content areas, genres, and learning styles. Tools for implementation and scaffolding will be abundant.
- Learn research-based strategy for teaching and facilitating content-focused writing sessions in support of non-fiction text.
- Understanding of reading and writing genre as applied to specific science and technical disciplines.
- Facilitate comprehension and understanding through reading strategy and responsive writing.