TWO-HOUR BADGE COURSES
- Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
- Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades K-5 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades 6-8 – No. 133A – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades PK-5 – No. 133 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
Strong co-teaching relationships are the underpinnings for a seamless and manageable instructional environment. Planned and orchestrated instruction, the result of team effort, combined with a sound learning environment leverages students as equal partners in a winning educational pact. This course will prepare teachers to work collaboratively on mutual goals and student learning objectives in a team effort. The benefits of such effort are numerous and include: positive and scholarly collegial exchanges focused on student-centered goals and objectives, planned and orchestrated communication among each other and with students, analysis and use of data to plan effective instruction with.
- Plan collaboratively using protocols specific to effective communication that results in higher understanding and action steps.
- Collaboratively analyze student data to identify learning gaps and develop action steps.
- Set mutual student learning objectives and plan around those objectives with strategy.