TWO-HOUR BADGE COURSES
- Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
- Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades K-5 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades 6-8 – No. 133A – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades PK-5 – No. 133 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Transferring literacy skills to subjects outside of English Language Arts is easily achieved when the instruction is strategy-driven, explicit and consistently applied across subject areas. In this e-course, participants will focus on informational text and non-fiction essay writing across multiple subject areas. By analyzing non-fiction reading and writing in science and technical subjects, participants will understand and be able to resource a supportive strategy for consistent threading across content areas, genres, and learning styles. Tools for implementation and scaffolding will be abundant.
- Learn research-based strategy for teaching and facilitating content-focused writing sessions in support of non-fiction text.
- Understanding of reading and writing genre as applied to specific science and technical disciplines.
- Facilitate comprehension and understanding through reading strategy and responsive writing.