TWO-HOUR BADGE COURSES
- Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
- Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades K-5 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades 6-8 – No. 133A – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades PK-5 – No. 133 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
What are the classroom conditions that motivate and engage our 21st-century learners? What are the assignments that cultivate curiosity and foster collaborative peer relationships? This e-course examines the research that supports engaging classroom talk, questioning and self-expression through strategy, technology, and effective teacher facilitation. Participants will leave this e-course with multiple resources to aid in motivating and engaging the 21st-century adolescent learners in their classrooms.
- Understand the classroom conditions necessary for 21st-century learners to become motivated and engaged.
- Resource and create collaborative assignments that incorporate hybrid methods of teaching and learning.
- Plan for and implement strategies for effective facilitation of a motivating curriculum.