TWO-HOUR BADGE COURSES
- Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
- Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades K-5 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades 6-8 – No. 133A – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades PK-5 – No. 133 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
Aligned to: Danielson Domains 1 and 2, Marzano Domains 2 and 3
Planning with purpose leads to effective instruction. This course takes learners through a variety of planning processes that align closely with pre-established learning goals, objectives, and state and national standards. In addition, working knowledge of current best instructional design and preparation will highlight the relevance of reflection as it enriches comprehensive lesson development. Participants will work new ideas into planning with specific purposes and ends in mind as they work out of and into the Marzano (2001) Nine Categories of Instructional Planning.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of content and pedagogy as it informs differentiation for a variety of student needs.
- Understand and develop a working knowledge of what the high instructional outcomes are, and how to plan for them through coherent instructional design.
- Develop utility with planning resources that aid in the lesson and content development.