TWO-HOUR BADGE COURSES
- Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
- Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades K-5 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades 6-8 – No. 133A – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades PK-5 – No. 133 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
Meeting old challenges with new ideas can be fraught with mind-boggling confusion if design principles aren’t organized around cognition-friendly curriculum and pedagogy. Participants in this e-course will explore and experiment with learning theory that that embraces new design and cross-curricular strategy that engages brain plasticity. Wrapping learner minds around new knowledge through engaging lessons and strategy that builds capacity are some of the goals of this e-course.
- Develop working knowledge of the elements that make the cognitive-friendly instructional design.
- Experiment with learning theory that invokes hands-on, cross-curricular strategy for teaching and learning.
- Apply methods that capitalize on brain plasticity for higher retention and increased literacy skills.