TWO-HOUR BADGE COURSES
- Purposeful Planning – 2 hours
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning: Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Co-teaching and Professional Collaboration – 2 hours
- Motivating and Engaging 21st Century Adolescents: Grades 6-12 – 2 hour
- Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
- Research-Based Assessment Practices for Special Needs Students Grades 3-8 – No. 234
- Teaching to Text Complexity, Grades K-12 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades K-5 – 2 hours
- Standards-Based Formative Assessment, Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades 6-8 – No. 133A – 2 hours
- Building Reading Muscle of Struggling Learners, Grades PK-5 – No. 133 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades 6-12 – 2 hours
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects: Grades K-5 – No. 151A – 2 hours
Writing Strategies For All Content Areas: Grades K-12 – 2 hour
Focused exclusively on sound and proven writing strategy, participants will be introduced to research as it promotes writing strategy across all content areas. They’ll learn the scaffolds behind them that aid students in the important transition process across all other content areas. Intentional, consistent and rigorous teaching of reading and writing strategy as it continues to improve student achievement will engage the 90/90/90 principled approach.
- Analyze genre as it applies to specific content areas and teaching objectives.
- Acquire and use new resources to teach genre-specific fiction and non-fiction writing.
- Apply new strategies and resources to the teaching of writing across multiple subject areas.